Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Virtual Book Tour - Desperate Desires (Novella)

Author: Terri Wolfe

Publisher:


A Sweet and Spicy Novella

The cunningly audacious Lady Lucinda Davenport is by no means a conventional woman. Smart and fiercely determined, she’s more comfortable adding numbers than she’ll ever be socializing with highfalutin members of the ton. When desperate straits force her into action to save her home and lands, she finds herself faced with only one option. Summoning every ounce of her courage, she sets in motion a wild and raunchy scheme that would set the ton on fire if they ever caught wind of her actions.

Lucien Brandford, fourth Duke of Carlsborough, is a dangerous man. Wealthy beyond imagination and handsome to a fault, the Duke is sought after by nearly every woman of the ton. Single, widowed, or married, ladies vie for his attention with cutthroat precision. But the Duke has no tolerance for the machinations of his title and fortune-hungry peers. He seeks his pleasure from women who require no commitment.

That attitude ensnares the Duke in Lady Lucinda’s plan. Caught unawares, Lucien finds himself at the mercy of a bold and luscious woman whom he cannot decide if he wants to strangle or bed.


Being a novella, Desperate Desires is a pretty quick read, but there is a lot packed into this short tale. I liked both of the characters. Lucinda and Lucien are good together. I liked how the Duke fell so hard for Lucinda. The love scenes are very steamy and well written. I was surprised at the open frankness toward sex among the characters. You don't usually see that in historical novels. I thought it was an interesting twist on things. I also enjoyed the premise of the tale, the woman kidnapping the man to have her way with him. You don't get to see that every day! Desperate Desires is one of those novellas that I wish was longer. I would have liked to know more about the backgrounds of both of the characters, for example, Lucien's relationship with his family members. I would definitely recommend Desperate Desires. I think you will be happy you gave it a shot!


--Kari



* note: I read an complimentary copy of Desperate Desires supplied courtesy of the author. I was not compensated in anyway for this review. By receiving a complimentary copy, I am in no way obligated to write a good or bad review. I am an honest reviewer and my reviews are based on my own opinion and only written by me.*

No comments: