Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Betty White's If You Ask Me (And of Course You Won't)

by:  Betty White
published by:  Penguin Group
publish date:  May 2011

Drawing from a lifetime of lessons learned, seven-time Emmy winner Betty White's wit and wisdom take center stage as she tackles topics like friendship, romantic love, aging, television, fans, love for animals, and the brave new world of celebrity. If You Ask Me mixes her thoughtful observations with humorous stories from a seven- decade career in Hollywood. Longtime fans and new fans alike will relish Betty's candid take on everything from her rumored crush on Robert Redford (true) to her beauty regimen ("I have no idea what color my hair is and I never intend to find out") to the Facebook campaign that helped persuade her to host Saturday Night Live despite her having declined the hosting job three times already.  Featuring all-new material, with a focus on the past fifteen years of her life, If You Ask Me is funny, sweet, and to the point-just like Betty White.


When I was browsing the audiobook downloads at the library I saw this and I grabbed it.  I was really delighted to see that Betty White herself narrated it.  It wasn't a majorly ground breaking book full of deep dark Betty White secrets, but it was a really cute, light hearted book.  I was happy listening to it.  I laughed out loud at parts.  It's only a 2 hour audiobook so I'd definitely recommend giving it a listen if you can find it free somewhere, like at your library.  I probably wouldn't recommend buying the audio version since they're so expensive and this one is so short.

No comments: