Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

A Dragon Forsaken ( The Enchanted Island Series)

Author: Krystal McLaughlin
Publisher: Self (March 2011)

In a world of mystery and magic, Daphne is unique.

Unlike her friends, who have awakened to the magic inside of them, Daphne was born with it. Daphne was born a Dragon.

When her past begins to resurface, forcing her into a web of lies and deception, she is forced to accept unexpected alliances and risk everything for the sake of love. Something that she swore she would never let into her life.

As the newest installment of The Enchanted Island Series unfolds, she'll learn that nothing is ever what it seems, and when webs get this tangled, everyone's fate hangs in the balance, and nothing is coincidence.


A Dragon Forsaken is the second in The Enchanted Island Series. I wrote a review of the first one, The Witches Lottery, here. This one picks up pretty much where the first one left off. Daphne is on a search for her adopted sister, Anna. She is also a dragon, or at least has some of the characteristics of a dragon. I liked Daphne's character. She has had a tough life, without much love and acceptance and has always felt she was incapable of being loved. Through her search for her sister, she learns a lot about her past and about herself. In the end, I agree with the choice she makes. It was the right one.

Just like the first book, this is a good, well written, YA read. I felt it was a little more serious than the first one, but still very enjoyable. I definitely recommend this one. I look forward to the next book in the series!

--Kari


* note: I read an complimentary copy of A Dragon Forsaken supplied courtesy of the author. I was not compensated in anyway for this review. By receiving a complimentary copy, I am in no way obligated to write a good or bad review. I am an honest reviewer and my reviews are based on my own opinion and only written by me.*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kari,
It may be YA but it seems like an enjoyable read.
Mike

PS I just reviewed "Iron House" by John Hart.
Please check out my review on Amazon.com books
I think you'd like it.