Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Trace of Fever

Author: Lori Foster
Publisher: Harlequin


Undercover mercenary Trace Rivers loves the adrenaline rush of a well-planned mission. First he'll earn the trust of corrupt businessman Murray Coburn, then gather the proof he needs to shut down the man's dirty smuggling operation. It's a perfect scheme—until Coburn's long-lost daughter saunters in with her own deadly plan for revenge.

With a smile like an angel and fire in her eyes, Priscilla Patterson isn't who she seems to be. But neither is the gorgeous bodyguard who ignites all her senses. Joining forces to plot Coburn's downfall, Priss and Trace must fight the undeniable heat between them. For one wrong move, one lingering embrace, will expose them to the wrath of a merciless opponent….


Trace of Fever is the 2nd in Lori Foster's "Men who walk the Edge of Honor"series. This series just keeps getting better and better. This book hits the ground running and doesn't stop. I couldn't put it down. While there is no real mystery, there still is some good suspense. The characters were great. Trace is such an Uber alpha male. Priss is a good match for him. She has been sheltered for most of her life, but she has let nothing get in her way of enacting revenge. I love the banter between them. I also loved their HEA. We also get to revisit the characters from When You Dare as well as meet new ones, like Jackson. He is just too cute! I look forward to reading his and Alani's story next!

I definitely recommend this next in the series. I want to know where she gets her models for the book covers. Can you say, "Yummy!"?

--Kari

* note: I read a complimentary copy of Trace of Fever supplied courtesy of HQN Books. I was not compensated in anyway for this review. By receiving a complimentary copy, I am in no way obligated to write a good or bad review. I am an honest reviewer and my reviews are based on my own opinion and only written by me.*

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just looking at the cover I'm thinking maybe I need to read this! lol
Donna
http://mylife-in-stories.blogspot.com

Kari Boardman said...

yummy isn't he?

Crazy Life of a Writing Mom said...

Sounds awesome. I like yummy LOL!

I'm following.

ecwrites.com