Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Code Blood by Kurt Kamm

Author: Kurt Kamm
Publisher: MCM Publishing
Date of publication: November 2011

Colt Lewis, a rookie fire paramedic, is obsessed with finding the severed foot of his first victim after she dies in his arms. His search takes him into the connected lives of a graduate research student, with the rarest blood in the world and the vampire fetishist who is stalking her. Within the corridors of high-stakes medical research laboratories, the shadow world of body parts dealers, and the underground Goth clubs of Los Angeles, Lewis uncovers a tangled maze of needles, drugs and maniacal ritual, all of which lead to death. But whose death? An unusual and fast-paced LA Noir thriller.

When I read the synopsis for this book, I was very intrigued.  After reading the book, I can say that I wasn't disappointed.  Code Blood is a pretty dark, yet well written book.  It was a definite change from what I have read lately. It is hard to describe without giving away the plot, so I'll let the synopsis speak for itself.

 The story waffles between 3 main characters and at first I wasn't sure how they all fit together.  The author did an excellent job of keeping up the suspense, yet allowed the story to unfold in a way that made sense. There were a few moments where I was cringing as I read them, talk about gross! I loved the ending and was very happy with  it. Let's just say that everyone got what they rightly deserved!

I definitely recommend this book.  If you are in the mood for something different and edgy, this is the book for you.  Mr. Kamm has a bright future as an author and I look forward to reading more of his books.


No comments: