Monday, June 4, 2012
Armchair BEA: The ME/US Interview
Today to kick off BEA we're doing the interview of ourselves! We just couldn't make it to BEA this year so we are participating in the fun activities of Armchair BEA.
1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
We are Autumn and Kari. We knew each other for several years online from other blogs and message boards. When Autumn decided to try out book blogging she invited Kari to come along and we've been going strong for almost 2 years now. We got into blogging because we both love to read and talk about what we've read and what we liked or didn't like about it.
2. What is your favorite feature on your blog (i.e. author interviews, memes, something specific to your blog)?
Our two main features on our blog are Kari's Throwback Thursdays and our DNF Posts. Every Thursday Kari a book to review that was published pre-2005. It's interesting to see where writers like Iris Johansen started out. Then every other month or so we gather up all the books that we Did Not Finish and explain why we didn't finish them. Sometimes, they're poorly written, distasteful, not my cup of tea, or just plain boring, whatever the reason we try to reason it out.
3. Where do you see your blog in five years?
Still here hopefully! Going stronger!
4. Have your reading tastes changed since you started blogging? How?
Our reading tastes haven't changed really, but I would say maybe they've broadened. We both read books that we probably never would have if it weren't for the blog. Either seeing what other bloggers are talking about or responding to a publicist's request, it's given us some reading material that we wouldn't have otherwise picked up on our own.
5. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?
Autumn is currently listening to Hush by Kate White on audiobook. Her favorite book so far this year is probably The Healing by Jonathan O'dell.
Kari is currently reading Darkroom by Joshua Graham (Autumn read a few pages of that last night too!). Her favorite book so far this year is Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward.