Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Review: Alpha by Greg Rucka

by:  Greg Rucka
published by:  Hachette Audio
publish date:  May 22, 2012

For the visitors to Wilsonville, the largest theme park in the world, the day begins with a smile. But, by the end, they start to wonder: will they escape with their lives?

Alpha was a random audiobook pick from the library.  I figured I hadn't had a good thriller in awhile and this one looked pretty good.  My instincts were right on with this one.  It was good.

Wilsonville is basically like Disneyland.  So imagine if Disneyland had a terrorist attack.  It's a pretty horrific scenario, but the intelligence agencies knew something was going to happen just not exactly what and not at which theme park.  Delta Force operator Jad Bell had been placed undercover as the new park security supervisor to keep an eye on the situation. 

On the day everything goes down, his ex-wife and daughter happen to be in the park.  Jad and his team are not only responsible for the safety of 50,000 park visitors, but rescuing his daughter from the hands of the enemy.

This was a really good story, it was tense with a lot of action.  The audiobook was very well done.  It was exciting to listen to.  The narrator seemed to have a good portrayal of Jad and his attitudes throughout the book.

If you like your political thrillers like I do, I highly recommend this one!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For me, Alphas came just at the right time. I needed a good thriller, and this was one. I just loved the detail he put into creating the amusement park. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I thought it was a well done audiobook, with a fun story.