Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Audiobook Review: Deadline Man by Jon Talton

by:  Jon Talton
published by:  Poisoned Pen Press
publish date:  May 1, 2010

From the moment one of his sources takes a dive off a downtown skyscraper, the columnist is plunged into a harrowing maze of murder, intrigue and secrets that powerful forces intend to keep hidden at all costs. All he has to go on is a corporate world where nothing is as it seems, increasingly menacing encounters with mysterious federal agents and the unsettling meme “eleven/eleven.”

This was my random audiobook pick from the library.  It looked like an exciting story and for the most part it was.

I didn't particularly care for the main character, his name is never give in a bit of creative writing.  He was a total womanizer.  The writer tried to make him come across across as caring for them women in his life and that was why he had them in a revolving door, but really he just kinda came across as a jerk to me. 

The 11/11 conspiracy and "Federal Agents" it was all interesting, but it got slightly confusing in the audiobook format.  I think if I were reading an actual book I might have flipped back a few sections to reread some parts, but that isn't too easy on audiobooks.  So I just stuck with my confusion.

Was it an awesome audiobook?  No, not really, but it was a decent one.  I didn't feel like my time was wasted when it was over and the story was somewhat entertaining.  Would it be worth buying?  Probably not, definitely get this one at the library.

No comments: