Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

Author Interview: Andrew Katz


Today we are hosting author, Andrew Katz who is promoting his book, Descendants.  Enjoy our interview!


Author: Andrew Katz
Publisher: Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing
Date of publication: August 10th 2012

Knights are dead and gone since the days of Camelot. The ancient battles pitting sword and shield against one another are just a distant memory, one that very few even give validity, and that’s exactly how it should be. I mean honestly, if people knew half of what really went on in the shadows and under the bed they’d probably wind up institutionalized. Luckily, that’s where Sir Godric Patronar comes in. Sir Godric is a Knight. That’s right, an armor-clad, sword-wielding powerhouse of old, with all the powers and responsibilities that come with that position. They’re not all gone, and a few, like Sir Godric, even reside in the Kingship of North America. Trouble has been brewing in the Kingdom… and it’s kind of Godric's fault. He killed a bunch of gnomes, which in turn pissed off some trolls. Now they’re trying to kill him and start a war with all of humanity. It’s up to Sir Godric to stop the impending war but it’s kind of hard when an ancient evil is awakening and trying to block his path at every turn.


Kari: What inspired you to become a writer?

Andrew: There really wasn’t anything in particular that did it. I started one night out of a fit of boredom and just never really looked back. The funny thing is, in school I always hated writing, but once I began doing it for myself, it’s all I wanted to do… all the time.

Kari: Where do you come up with the idea for your books?

AndrewI’ve actually recently started keeping a dream journal, and I get some good ideas out of there, but mostly I just make it up as I go. I keep a small moleskin notepad with me in my back pocket everywhere I go and as an idea hits me I jot it down. There’s no real method to my madness in there though (it’s a mess of sketches, overviews, and one word reminders), so I convert it into a more organized Word file to look at. I take my ideas at random from there.

Kari: What exciting projects are waiting in the wings?

AndrewWell, I’m working on the sequel to my premier novel, “Descendants”, and I also have a multitude of short stories in the works.

Kari: Who is your favorite literary character and why?

AndrewI’d have to choose between Jim Butcher’s Harry Dresden, or Simon R. Green’s John Taylor. They’re both supernatural P.I.s with more creative thinking than sense, but always try and do the right thing, even if it doesn’t seem that way to others.

Kari: Just for fun, if you could be any animal, what would it be and why?

AndrewA bear, no question. First of all, you get to hibernate, and that seems awesome to me. Then, you get to be scary, yet cute and furry. It’s the total package.


Kari: Thanks for visiting, Andrew!


About the author:
Andrew Katz is a young, up and coming fantasy author. The anthology Dark Light, released on Feb 29th, 2012 was his first published work. His full length novel "Descendants" will be released on Aug 10th, 2012 by Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing

Visit his Facebook page: http://facebook.com/AndrewKatz.Author

No comments: