Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Sweet Talk by Julie Garwood

Author: Julie Garwood
Publisher: Penguin
Date of publication: August 2012

Attorney and IRS agent Olivia Mackenzie is the kind of tough, wise-cracking, powerful woman fans expect from a Garwood protagonist—but this time she has outdone herself. Olivia is not just any woman, she is every woman; flawed in the familiar ways so many of us are. 

When she meets FBI Agent Grayson Kincaid there is an immediate and obvious attraction, palpable on both sides. Together they make an excellent team to fight corruption but Olivia is also fighting the immediate and intense attraction she feels for Agent Kincaid, and that may be a battle she is bound to lose.


I'm a fan of Ms. Garwood's books.  I was really looking forward to Sweet Talk.  While it wasn't the best of her books that I have read, it was still enjoyable.  I think what I enjoyed the most was the romance.  Grayson and Olivia were great together.  I loved how he just barrels his way into Olivia's life and won't take no for an answer.  Especially when she is so reluctant to commit.  

The mystery wasn't that exciting.  It really wasn't too hard to figure out who is trying to kill Olivia.  The secondary mystery was a little more surprising.  I didn't see that solution coming.  I liked the addition of the Pips.  I hope that future books feature the other three friends.  Maybe Collins will be next?  I think fans will enjoy this book.  The audio book was well done.  I always enjoy a book read by Angela Dawes.



No comments: