Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Books We Didn't Finish - March edition

Bloodland was one of those books I had high hopes for.  It sounded like it was going to be a great political mystery/thriller type book.  Honestly, it wasn't a bad book.  I just had a hard time keeping track of everything that was going on in it.  I recently started back to school and it was just requiring too much thinking to keep up with this book.  I need to use my critical thinking skills elsewhere, not trying to keep all the plotlines of this book straight.

I had never heard of Ghost Road Blues or the Pine Deep Trilogy by Jonathan
Maberry before seeing it at the library a couple of weeks ago.  I really enjoyed the Marbury Lens, so I thought I would probably like this series as well.  I checked out Ghost Road Blues to get started on the trilogy.  I got about halfway through and lost interest.  I kinda got the impression that it was trying to hard to be a Stephen King book. 






I was so looking forward to reading Seraphina.  It looked like a really cool YA fantasy book.  In the end, it was a DNF for me.  I just couldn't get into it.  I listened to the first disc and had no idea what was going on.  I don't usually have such a hard time getting oriented to a "world" in a book, but this one was confusing.  Maybe it is one of those books that I need to read instead of listen to?  I might try it again at some point.

The Haunted was recently released on audio and I thought I would do it as a Throwback Thursday feature.  I wasn't spooked or scared.  I was bored.  I just didn't care about the characters. I made it almost through the first disc, then I gave up.

No comments: