Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Say You're Sorry by Michael Robotham

by:  Michael Robotham
published by:  Mulholland Books
publish date:  October 2, 2012

TWO MISSING GIRLS. TWO BRUTAL MURDERS. ALL CONNECTED TO ONE FARM HOUSE. WHO IS TO BLAME?

I broke one of my big rules when I listened to this audiobook.  This is #6 is a series and I did not listen to previous 5.  I started it without knowing it was a series and found out partway through.  It was killing me, but I stuck it out.  Fortunately, this book was written in such a way that, while there were references so the reader could tell it was part of a series, it wasn't so bad that you felt lost.  It almost felt like a stand alone.

This book is part of the Joe O'Laughlin series.  Joe is a British psychologist that does work with the police as a profiler.  In this particular book, two teenage girls go missing.  Three years later, a married couple is brutally murdered.  When Joe is called in, the two cases are tied together and he assists the police in solving the case.

This was the first book I've read by Michael Robotham.  I was really impressed.  I found this book to be written in a manner similar to many of the Scandinavian writers that have gotten so popular.  If there ever comes a time when I can fit in 5 extra books, I'd be tempted to go back and read the beginning of this series. 

No comments: