Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Envy by Sandra Brown



Author: Sandra Brown
First published in 2001 by Warner Books

Book editor Maris Matherly-Reed receives a tantalizing partial manuscript submitted by a writer identified only as P.M.E. Curiosity compels her to track down the author, Parker Evans, and work with him to complete the tale. But as the story unfolds, Maris becomes convinced it is more than just fiction. When someone close to her dies, the presence of evil looms even closer

Envy reminded me why I love Sandra Brown.  This book was really enjoyable.  Maris is an editor who reads manuscript that intrigues her.  She seeks out the author to persuade him to sign a contract.  Parker isn't the most cooperative person in the world.  Personally, I thought Parker was a breath of fresh air.  I loved his gruffness.

One of the things that I thought was neat about the book was the story within a story.  As both books progress, the reader begins to wonder how much of the novel within the novel really happened.  It's loaded with so many twists that my head was spinning. But in a good way! My only wish is that there was an epilogue.   I would have loved to see more of Maris and Parker together. If you missed this one, definitely give it a try!

No comments: