Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman


Author: Neil Gaiman
First published in 1996 by BBC Books

Richard Mayhew is a plain man with a good heart - and an ordinary life that is changed forever on a day he stops to help a girl he finds bleeding on a London sidewalk. From that moment forward he is propelled into a world he never dreamed existed - a dark subculture flourishing in abandoned subway stations and sewer tunnels below the city - a world far stranger and more dangerous than the only one he has ever known...

Normally, I am ahead in my Throwback Thursday reading, but real life got in my way and I had nothing for today.  I was looking back through my Goodreads list and thought I would highlight one of my favorite books.  Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman is one of the best fantasy books I have ever read.  I remember when I first read the book.  I was sucked in right away. I loved the characters.  I loved the world of London Below.  Throughout the entire book, I was rooting for Richard to find his way home. Out of it all, I think my favorite part of the book was the end.  I loved Richard's ultimate decision. If you are a fan of Neil Gaiman, definitely pick this one up. I hope it will be come a favorite for you as well!





No comments: