Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Joint Review: Three Graves Full by Jamie Mason

Author: Jamie Mason
Publisher: Gallery Books
Date of publication: February 2013

"There is very little peace for a man with a body buried in his backyard.”

But it could always be worse. . . .

More than a year ago, mild-mannered Jason Getty killed a man he wished he’d never met. Then he planted the problem a little too close to home. But just as he’s learning to live with the undeniable reality of what he’s done, police unearth two bodies on his property—neither of which is the one Jason buried.



I really wanted to like this story.  But, it just didn't do it for me. I did make it to the end and, to be honest, I'm not sure how I did.  For one, it was kind of boring.  Not at all what I was expecting.  It did start out promising, but as the story progressed, it fell flat.  I found myself waiting for the author to get to the point. I felt like there were too many perspectives and that halted the flow of the book.  It was too wordy.  I also really disliked the parts that were told from the dog, Tessa's, perspective.  I have never liked when things like that are injected into a story.  It may work well for some, but not for me.  


I didn't care for this book either.  Like Kari said, I kept waiting for something that wasn't happening.  Sometimes the multiple viewpoints work and sometimes they don't, this book, they were ok, but not great.  I kinda liked the dog, but I liked the dog in Ruins of Lace too. So, I might just like the viewpoints of dogs.

I think Kari and I like our mysteries and thrillers to move along at a fast pace with lots of twists and turns, but not everyone is like that.  We might not have been wowed, but you might be.  Let us know what you thought of it.


No comments: