Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

Review: Dangerous Refuge by Elizabeth Lowell

Author: Elizabeth Lowell
Publisher: William Morrow
Date of Publication: April 2013

On the surface beautiful, quiet Shaye has little in common with dark, dangerous Tanner. He's a suspicious big city cop come home to the historic Davis family ranch to settle his uncle's estate. She's working for an environmental conservancy that acquires and protects old ranches-and she wants to preserve the Davis homestead.

When the suspicious death of Tanner's uncle at his ranch throws the two opposites together, tempers flare and sparks fly. While they have trouble seeing eye to eye, Shaye and Tanner agree on one thing: they need to uncover the truth.


You all know I love Elizabeth Lowell.  She is one of those authors who I can go to for a great story and a hot romance   Dangerous Refuge is her latest offering.  While not her best, the book was enjoyable.  I liked the characters.  Tanner and Shaye were a good fit for each other.  Their romance was pretty quick and steamy.  My only problem with it, was that there wasn't the usual build up to the heat.  Instead of feeling the attraction  i was continually told that it was there.  I usually love this author's love scenes, but the ones in this book were a bit disappointing.

The mystery was fairly good.I thought the explanation for  Tanner's uncle's death was, while sad, kind of cool.  I wonder if it is actually something that could happen in real life.  There was a lot of action in the end of the book.  I liked how it was shown from multiple perspectives. The ending was a bit rushed and an epilogue would have been nice.  I think most fans will enjoy this latest.  


No comments: