Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Throwback Thursday: The Wyndham Legacy by Catherine Coulter



Author: Catherine Coulter
First published in 1994 by Jove

Marcus Wyndham never asked to become the Earl of Chase. The Duchess never asked to be illegitimate. And neither of these two asked that their fates become so entwined.

Marcus is passionate, quick to rage, just as quick to laughter. He's tough, opinionated, domineering, known as the devil's own son. The Duchess is serene and aloof -- she has silence down to a fine art. She is always in control, her smiles as rare as bawdy jests in the pulpit. She is self-reliant once she realizes that a very special talent can make her so, a talent no one suspects.


I love Ms. Coulter's historical books.  I really wanted to like this one.  Unfortunately, I didn't.  In fact, it ended up being a DNF for me.  It was just boring. It seemed to take forever to get through a scene.  Some of the conversations were unnecessary and seemed to be included as filler.

I hated the hero.  Marcus was whiny and acted like a 3 year old who didn't get his own way.  The way he spoke to Duchess was appalling.  I had to turn it off.  I also didn't like the narrator.  Her accents were horrible and the way she read the book was annoying.  I guess you can't win them all.

No comments: