Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Review: True Love by Jude Deveraux

Author: Jude Deveraux
Publisher: Ballantine Books (Random house)
Date of publication: July 2013

Unbeknown to Alix, Jared has been charged with looking after her while she lives on the island—an easy task for him, considering the undeniable chemistry between the two. But Jared harbors secrets of his own, which, if revealed, may drive a wedge between the pair.

With a glorious Nantucket wedding on the horizon, sparks fly, and the ghosts of the past begin to reveal themselves—some of them literally. Finding their lives inextricably entwined with the turbulent fortunes of their ancestors, Alix and Jared discover that only by righting the wrongs of the past can they hope to be together
.


True Love is the first book that I have read by this author.  If her others are like this one, I think I have found another romance writer that will soon become a favorite. I adored this book. Despite its length, I was able to fly through the story.  This is supposed to be a new series in the Montgomery-Taggert saga. Even though I haven't read any of those book, I didn't feel like I was missing anything.  Some of those characters show up toward the end, but I didn't feel lost.

I loved Alix and Jared together. Their personalities meshed so well together. I was happy that the angst didn't last for too long.   Alix comes to Nantucket island to live in Jared's house after his aunt dies.  While there, she learns more about the secrets that her mother and father have been keeping from he all of her life.  I'm not sure I still understood why they did that as it didn't really seem to serve any purpose.  I thought they were kind of selfish. Despite that, the romance is very sweet.  Jared is very sigh worthy.  I loved their HEA.

True Love isn't just a romance, there is also a ghost and a hidden treasure.  There are a few surprises featuring both.  I won't tell, it would ruin it.  The author has also given us some wonderful peripheral characters that I hope are featured in the next book.  I look forward to more of the series.  While I wait, I think I'll hunt up some of her early books to keep happy.

No comments: