Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider

by:  Robyn Schneider
published by:  Katherine Tegen
publish date:  August 27, 2013

Golden boy Ezra Faulkner believes everyone has a tragedy waiting for them—a single encounter after which everything that really matters will happen. His particular tragedy waited until he was primed to lose it all: in one spectacular night, a reckless driver shatters Ezra’s knee, his athletic career, and his social life.

Ezra is at the top of the high school hierarchy.  He's the most popular boy in school, he's dating the most popular girl in school, he's athletic, and he's about to be a senior.  His life is perfect until he catches his girlfriend cheating on him and he gets hit by a car and shatters his knee.  His tennis career is over, his girlfriend is gone and his social status has plummeted.  

Ezra starts his Senior year wanting to be depressed, wanting to stay on the outside.  However, his childhood best friend comes to the rescue, he gets adopted by the Debate Team and the new girl in school makes him see life in a new perspective.

I always say these YA contemporary romances aren't my thing.  Then I pick one up and end up really liking it.   At some point I'm going to have to stop saying that.  I'm getting to be a softy in my old age I guess.  This was a good book, good story.  The only thing I didn't like was the coyote reference throughout the book.  They finally made sense towards the end, but I felt like it could have been left out.  I recommend it for anyone looking for a sweet, high school romance.

No comments: