Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

The Night is Alive by Heather Graham

Author: Heather Graham
Publisher: Mira ( Harel;quin)
Date of publication:  

It's a city of beauty, history…hauntings. And one of the most haunted places in Savannah is a tavern called The Dragonslayer, built in the 1750s. The current owner, Gus Anderson, is a descendant of the original innkeeper and his pirate brother, Blue. 

Gus summons his granddaughter, Abigail, home from Virginia, where she's studying at the FBI Academy. When she arrives, she's devastated to find him dead. Murdered. But Abby soon learns that Gus isn't the only one to meet a brutal and untimely end; there've been at least two other victims. Then Captain Blue Anderson starts making ghostly appearances, and the FBI's paranormal investigation unit, the Krewe of Hunters, sends in Agent Malachi Gordon. 


The Night is Alive is the 10th book in the Krewe of Hunters series. Overall, I have really enjoyed this series.  There have been a couple of stories that have a little underwhelming, but this one, thankfully, was not.  I really enjoyed the story. 

The mystery was really solid  with a number of suspects.  It definitely kept me guessing as to the identity of the killer.  It really wasn't until the killer was just about to be revealed that I was pretty sure who it was and I love that in a book. I also enjoyed the pirate theme.  Who doesn't like a story with a lots of pirates and intrigue?  


I think that Malachi is one of my favorite characters in this series. He's kind of a smart-alec and he made me laugh.  His attraction to Abby was pretty quick, but it felt right.  The one thing I would have loved to see was the two ghosts meet in the end.  Another great addition to the series.  I'm looking forward to reading The Night is Forever soon!


No comments: