Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Legacy by Jayne Ann Krentz



Author: Jayne Ann Krentz
First published in 1982 by Dell Publishing

Honor Mayfield was about to walk into a trap. She thought that her chance meeting with Conn Landry was a fortunate stroke of luck. In fact, he had cleverly set her up a long time ago.

As a member of the Thoroughbred horse-racing set in California, Conn was well respected. But Honor was about to discover the real man beneath the controlled exterior. Too late, she realized she was falling for someone who was seeking to avenge a legacy of murder and betrayal. A piece of her past was mysteriously linked to Conn, and now they were tangled together in the web of deception . . . and desire.

Legacy was a fairly good book.  Again, it's another one of those books that would probably have worked better as a mystery than a romance.  The mystery was pretty good.  I liked the resolution to the deaths of Honor and Conn's fathers.  It was one I didn't see coming.  As a romance, it kind of fails.  It was just a bit too cheesy for me.  The love scenes actually had me rolling my eyes because the dialogue during it was making me laugh.  I didn't care for Conn too much.  I thought he was kind of pushy.  Honor was a pushover.  They both annoyed me.  I'm not sure this one would be the first early work by Ms. Krentz that I would recommend.  There are better ones out there.



No comments: