Giveaway Details: The publisher has generously offered us 1 copy to give away! To enter just fill out the Rafflecopter below. Good Luck (Us & Canada only please)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Date of publication: May 2014
No more rich men for Marley Cartman. Absolutely not. Thanks to her dad, her ex-fiancé, and the overbearing donors she schmoozes for a living, she’s had more than her fill. From now on, she wants blue-collar men with dirt under their fingernails. But when Marley makes a break to handle donor relations for a wildlife sanctuary, she finds herself drawn to the annoyingly charming—and disturbingly wealthy—chairman of the board. Judging by his hipster T-shirts, motley assortment of canine companions, and penchant for shaking up stuffy board meetings, you’d never guess that William Barclay the Fifth is a brilliantly successful businessman. Will has good reason to be leery of scheming women, and as he and Marley butt heads over the wisdom of bringing grumpy badgers to charity events, he can’t help but wonder if his new donor relations coordinator is hiding something other than a perfect figure beneath that designer suit…
Frisky Business was a really fun book to read. I read it in a day. Will and Marley were perfect for each other. Too bad Marley was determined to date anyone other than a man with money. The characters were fun and the banter among all of them had me laughing out loud multiple times. It was hard to choose the funniest part. Between Marley's bad dates, the multiple "interruptions", and the numerous "phrases" that Will's sister comes up with for her relationship with April, I would have to say I loved it all! This is definitely a great romance that I would recommend to anyone!
Hello, and thanks for inviting me to hang out with you here at From the TBR Pile! Who brought the wine?
- Keep a bottle of lice treatment in your car. If you need to end things fast, begin scratching your head and body, then ask your date to reach into the glove box and hand you the bottle.
- For a dinner date that’s not going well, forego your napkin in favor of using your date’s shirt.
- Demand that your date to address you as “My Lord” or “My Lady.” Bonus points if you request the title that doesn’t correspond to your gender.
- Ask if your date has any allergies. If the answer is yes, make an effort to procure the animal, foliage, or food item mentioned.
- Open wide and ask your date to inspect your teeth to see if they’re looking sharper. Stare longingly at his or her neck and lick your lips.
- Inform your date that in some cultures, it’s a compliment to the chef to belch after each course. Proceed to demonstrate.
- Pull out a paperback novel and begin reading over dinner. If your date tries to speak to you, make loud shushing noises and turn the page.
- Ask your date if he or she would like to have children. If the response is affirmative, suggest you get started now.
About the author:
Tawna Fenske traveled a career path that took her from newspaper reporter to English teacher in Venezuela to marketing geek to PR manager for her city's tourism bureau. An avid globetrotter and
Her latest Sourcebooks release, Frisky Business, was praised by Kirkus Reviews as "an appealing blend of lighthearted fun and emotional tenderness." Tawna's quirky brand of comedy and romance has earned kudos from RT Book Reviews, which nominated her debut novel for Contemporary Romance of the Year, and from the Chicago Tribune, which noted, "Fenske's wildly inventive plot & wonderfully quirky characters provide the perfect literary antidote to any romance reader's summer reading doldrums."