Pages

Monday, September 22, 2014

Her Last Whisper by Karen Robards

Author: Karen Robards
Publisher: Ballantine
Date of publication: August 26, 2014

Madness and murder invaded Dr. Charlotte Stone’s life when she was just a girl—and made her a woman determined to save others from the horror she survived. An expert in the psychology of serial killers, she’s faced down more than her share of human monsters. But Charlie can also communicate with the spirits of those who die violently, an extrasensory skill that has helped the FBI bring lethal predators to justice. 

Now, after narrowly escaping death a second time, Charlie’s ready to step away from the edge... before her luck runs out.

In a town full of fast players and few rules, flushing out a smooth-talking stalker like the Cinderella Killer might be a loser’s game. But for Charlie, the only way to cage her quarry is to plunge back into the homicidal hell she vowed to leave behind—and may not leave alive..



Her Last Whisper is the latest in the Charlie Stone series.  As in the first two books, we find our favorite psychic psychiatrist sucked into a mystery involving a serial killer.  This is much to the dismay of her current ghost lover, Michael. After not really loving the second book, I was a bit wary of the third. I am pleased to say, it is a great mystery.  I don’t want to give too much away, but the book has a few nail biting scenes.  I was definitely holding my breath quite a bit. 

The relationship between Michael and Charlie just keeps getting hotter.  I was very happy to see There was much less, "OMG he is so hot" lines in this one  The romance is also kind of bittersweet since the relationship is kind of doomed.  How much longer Michael can stay around is anyone’s guess. 

I have a love/hate relationship with any type of series.  If I love it, I am always hesitant to read the latest one because I know I will have to wait months for the next installment, which I hate. When I got Her Last Whisper, I hesitated for a few days, but then dove right in.   While I loved the story, I screamed at the end.  Can we say, “HUGE cliffhanger”?  I’m not a particularly patient person, so I am dying to know when the next book is coming out!


If you haven’t read this series yet, make sure to check it out.  Ms. Robards is definitely one of my favorites.  Maybe she can become one of yours too!


No comments: