Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Books We Didn't Finish November Edition


Wolf in White Van:  I got about 1/2 way and I didn't care for it.  I wanted to like it, but I didn't like the confusion about what exactly happened in terms of the catastrophic event to the main character.  It was all getting muddled in the telling of the story.

Mink River:  I didn't get very far into this one before giving up on it.  A lot of times I really like these types of books where it's multiple characters telling stories about their lives and they become interwoven.  I assume that's where this book was going.  However, I just wasn't feeling it right now.  It might have been good, but I just wasn't really in the mood for this kind of book right now.

The Arsonist:  I really tried with this book.  I felt like I should read it because it was getting so much buzz and it sounded like it should be good.  I started and stopped this book twice.  I just didn't care for it.  I thought it was boring.


Rewind to You: I tried to like this one. But by the middle of the book, I just lost interest in the main characters.  I get that Sienna had a tragedy in her life, but the blackouts were weird.  I also thought her choice of riding on a motorcycle given the reason for her father's death was off.  It was too angsty for me.

Roses for a diva: I didn't know going into this book that it was a sequel.  I felt from the beginning that there was some back story I was missing.  I also didn't like the writing style.  Nor did I like the story line.  I had a hard time buying a star who ignores creepy flowers and notes from an unknown person.

Afterworlds: This is another one that I tried to listen to.  Maybe reading the actual book would have been better. The book shifts between Darcy, the author of a novel, and parts of the story of the book she wrote.  I found the shifts in the story disorienting. I didn't care for the story within a story.

No comments: