Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas at Carriage Hill by Carla Neggers

Author: Carla Neggers
Publisher: Harlequin
Date of publication: December 2014

When fashion designer Alexandra Rankin Hunt is asked to create the dresses for Olivia Frost's Christmas wedding in tiny Knights Bridge, Massachusetts, she jumps at the chance. She's certain she'll never get to design one for herselfnot with her history of falling for the wrong men. Ian Mabry, the sexy fighter pilot whose bravery reminded her of her beloved great-grandfather, was the worst yet.
To Alexandra's surprise, Ian is also at Carriage Hill, Olivia's picturesque country inn. And if anyone can charm his way into a wedding, it's him. Ian wants more than an invitation he's determined to find a way back into Alexandra's life.
Christmas at Carriage Hill was a very sweet addition to the Swift River Valley series.  I have been a fan from the start.  After finishing the novella, I don't feel like this can't be a stand alone novella.  I suggest reading the other books first to have a slight clue as to who everyone is in Swift River Valley.  There are a lot of old characters that show up for Dylan and Olivia's wedding.

I enjoyed Ian and Alex's story.  I loved how Ian knew they weren't finished and did what he could to woo her back.  I found myself tearing up at the gift that Ian gave to Grace.  What an incredible memory to give to her. That being said, while I enjoyed the story, I felt a little cheated. As with a lot of novella's, I always want more.  I would have loved to see more of how Ian and Alex met. I feel like their story could have been a full novel. We got the aftermath of the angst without seeing what caused the angst.  I would have also loved to see more of Dylan and Olivia's wedding.  They have been a favorite couple of mine since the beginning.  I wanted to read their vows to each other!

The next Swift River Valley Novel, Echo Lake comes out in January.  I can't wait to read it!  

No comments: