Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Throwback Thursday - Books I didn't Finish



I haven't had too much luck finding a Throwback Thursday book to review lately.  So, this week you are getting a Throwback Thursday DNF post instead. Enjoy!

Wizard (1985, Silhouette) is an early book by Jayne Ann Krentz that she published under the pseudonym Stephanie James.  I was hoping I would like this one.  I couldn't even get halfway through the first disc.  The entire first chapter is consists of Sophia insulting and being condescending to Max.  Why any man would want to seek out a woman who treated him like that after the first meeting is beyond me.  I just didn't buy that they would end up in love.  I didn't even want to try to see if she could change.

Sunset Bay (2009, Pocket Star) was another one I wanted to love.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get into this one.  It had a very old feel to it.  In the beginning, Megan is 18 and has graduated from High School.  She is ready to leave for college at UCLA yet she still has a curfew.  Really?  I also thought the mother and sister were horrible characters.  I got about 25% through and gave up.  I'm a fan of this author, but this one didn't cut it.
Breath of Scandal (1991, Grand Central Publishing) just didn't work for me.  Basically, Jade is raped by three boys, leaves town and comes back years later to seek revenge.  I think that this book would have worked for me if the author had started out in the present day and had flashbacks to the past.  Knowing what happened right away kind of ruined it for me.  I just wasn't interested to see how she gets revenge.  


No comments: