Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The Liar by Nora Roberts

Author: Nora Roberts
Publisher: G. P. Putnam Sons
Date of publication: April 2015

Shelby Foxworth lost her husband. Then she lost her illusions …

The man who took her from Tennessee to an exclusive Philadelphia suburb left her in crippling debt. He was an adulterer and a liar, and when Shelby tracks down his safe-deposit box, she finds multiple IDs. The man she loved wasn’t just dead. He never really existed.

Shelby takes her three-year-old daughter and heads south to seek comfort in her hometown, where she meets someone new: Griff Lott, a successful contractor. But her husband had secrets she has yet to discover. Even in this small town, surrounded by loved ones, danger is closer than she knows—and threatens Griff, as well. And an attempted murder is only the beginning …
 


The Liar is definitely Nora Roberts at her finest.  I really enjoyed reading the book. To me it was more of a romance than a suspense, but that is OK.  I thought the romance was super sweet.  After reading it, I definitely have a new book boyfriend!  The story revolves around Shelby, who finds out after her husband dies, that everything she thought she knew to be true was a lie,  Determined to set things right, she moves back home with her daughter.

As I said, I loved the romance in this book.  Griff was just too cute and definitely the safe haven that Shelby and her daughter needed.  I was really hoping Shelby could open her heart to trust him.  I loved the scenes with Griff and Callie.  Any man who can make a 3 year old smile is good enough for me.  Along with the romance, the characters in the book really added a lot of flavor.  The town is a place that I would love to visit, especially that spa!  It sounds heavenly.

I did kind of call the twist in the end, but that is OK.  I still enjoyed unraveling the mystery along with Shelby and Griff.  I think fans off Nora will agree, she has a hit on her hands with this one!

No comments: