Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Books We Didn't Finish - December Edition



The Telling:  I didn't even make it through the first disc of this audio-book.  I was just really bored and just couldn't get into the story.

Edge of Normal: I think the biggest downfall for this book was the horrible audio narration for the book.  I didn't like the reader at all.  The story also didn't just didn't pull me in.


The House: I'm not sure I could have been any more bored with this one. For me, the book never got off the ground.  I didn't like the writing.

The Rest of Us Just Live Here:  And are as ordinary as everyone else... I'm not sure what this book was trying to do.  The characters were dull and the story was boring.  I also felt like I walked into the middle of a movie.  The characters kept referring to incidents that happened before, but I know this is the first book.  The lack of world building was frustrating and it wasn't worth it after a while.





Scorpion Rules:  I don't know that there was really anything terribly wrong with this book.  I'm probably just catching it at the wrong time.

Liars, Inc.:  This book was highly disappointing.  I had been wanting to read it for a long time.  It was really....crass?  Maybe is the word?  These kids are doing all sorts of awful things within the first few chapters.  It just didn't seem very plausible.

Welcome to Braggsville:  I didn't care for the writing style of this book.  It was very wordy.  I could see how
it would be appealing to some readers, maybe 20 somethings, very cerebral type readers.  Maybe in a different mood it might be my cup of tea, but today it wasn't.

2 comments:

Marce said...

I always enjoy when you do the DNF post. I don't know any of these ones, looks like I am lucky.

Alyn said...

I'm surprised to see The Rest of Us Just Live Here on your list. I've read a lot of good reviews about this book. The story itself never seemed interesting to me, so I guess it's a good thing I don't plan to read this book at all.