Pages

Monday, March 7, 2016

Crazy Love You by Lisa Unger

Author: Lisa Unger
Publisher: Touchstone
Date of publication: February 2015

Darkness has a way of creeping up when Ian is with Priss. Even when they were kids, playing in the woods of their small Upstate New York town, he could feel it. Still, Priss was his best friend, his salvation from the bullies who called him “loser” and “fatboy”…and from his family’s deadly secrets.

Now that they’ve both escaped to New York City, Ian no longer inhabits the tortured shell of his childhood. He is a talented and successful graphic novelist, and Priss…Priss is still trouble. The booze, the drugs, the sex—Ian is growing tired of late nights together trying to keep the past at bay. Especially now that he’s met sweet, beautiful Megan, whose love makes him want to change for the better. But Priss doesn’t like change. Change makes her angry. And when Priss is angry, terrible things begin to happen…

I've had Crazy Love You on my TBR list for a while.  I'm regretting waiting over a year to read the book. because  really enjoyed it.  The story-line ended up going in a completely different direction than I thought is was going. The main character in the story  has ties with The Hollows, a small town with secrets and ghosts.  Ian is a graphic novelist living in New York City.  His best friend Priss is a bad seed who always gets him into trouble.  His drug addition doesn't help matters.  When he meets Megan, the love of his life, Priss seems to not want to let go of Ian and let him be happy.

As I said, I thought this book would go in one direction, but ended up being something completely different.  I won't give away too much of the plot because there are a few twists that will surprise you.  I ultimately did like Ian.  It was hard to watch him self destruct. But honestly, I found myself rooting for him and especially Megan.

I do recommend this one.  I thought it was creepy and full of suspense.  I plan on looking up this author's other books involving The Hollows.



No comments: