Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

2 in 1: Haunted Destiny and Deadly Fate by Heather Graham


Haunted Destiny
Mira (Harlequin)
May 2016

I've read all of the books in the series so far.  For me, Haunted Destiny was just OK and definitely not my favorite of the series. The romance was a very rushed and forced. I'm not sure I bought into the fall into forever in a matter of days and the ending was kind of dumb and a bit hokey. The story was a bit slow at times and I missed having more of the Krewe working the case. It did keep me guessing until close to the end, so that was a bonus.

Deadly Fate
Mira (Harlequin)
July 2016

Deadly Fate is the 19th of the Krewe series and the second of the "trilogy".  I liked this one slightly more than Haunted Destiny.  The mystery was more exciting and kept me guessing.  But, again, the romance was forced and really rushed.  I'm almost wishing that there would be either more romance or none at all.  It's seems that in these latest Krewe books, the romance  has become an afterthought and just slipped into the story because it needs to be there.  I'm not feeling the connection with the love interests even though I'm told I'm supposed to.   Maybe it's time for a break from the Krewe.  I'd love to see some stories with some of the old gang and their love interests.  It might bring back some spice to the series. 

No comments: