Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2016

The Bear Trap by Paul Doiron

by:  Paul Doiron
published by:  Macmillan Audio
publish date:  May 31, 2014

Legendary Maine woodsman and bush pilot Charley Stevens tries to convince young Mike Bowditch of the dangers awaiting rookie game wardens.

This was a little short story in the Mike Bowditch series.  Sometimes I like these little additions to a series and sometimes I don't.  Unfortunately, this was one of those times when I didn't.  I just didn't see how this story added much to series.  It was just a little story that Charley was telling Mike about his early days as a game warden.   Fortunately it was short so I didn't take a ton of time getting through it.  

Would I recommend it?  Not really.  It's not necessary to understand what's going on in the series.  It was a particularly awesome story.  Not worth the time in my opinion

No comments: