Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Books We Didn't Finish November Edition


The Wonder.  Boring.  That is about all I can say for it.  I was falling asleep listening to it.  I had no interest in finding out if the girl was a miracle or not.

Picture Me Gone:  I'm not sure if this was supposed to be a YA or middle grade novel.  The main character is 12, but she sounds like that is 20.  It's supposed to be about a father and daughter who search for his missing friend.  But the story kept going off on tangents about Mila and her ex-best friend.  I got about 25% in and abandoned it.


The Sleeper and the Spindle: I love Neil Gaiman.  This book was originally published as a YA fairy tale book with illustrations.  The audiobook is only an hour long and I didn't last 10 minutes.  I had no idea what was going on.  This might be one that you need the pictures to help create the atmosphere for the story.

Heartless:  I really makes me sad to say that this one was a DNF.  I loved the Lunar Chronicles.  I guess I was hoping for more of a story like that with Heartless.  I didn't even mind that it was likely to have a sad ending.   But, the writing was juvenile and the characters were ridiculous. And it was boring as heck.


No comments: