Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Books We Didn't Finish January edition



Ten Tiny Breaths: I've had this in my TBR pile forever.  I got about 30% in and stopped.  I've read much better NA books.  There were too many unbelievable things in this book.  Like how a 15 YO starts a new HS without transcripts.  Kacey and Livie didn't do much to keep their identities hidden.  Any PI could have found them easily.  Trent was a stalker and manipulator.  And I got tired of hearing how big Storm's chest was...  I did peek at the end to see the reveal and just...no.

The Chemist - I never jumped on the Twilight band wagon.  I only read the fist one and thought it was OK.  I also didn't read The Host.  I was hoping that her foray into spy novels would be entertaining, but I only made it about 20% of the way in before giving up.  First it was boring.  Practically every sentence started with "She".  It was in dire need of better editing.  And what spy uses fictional spy novels to get tips on how to survive?  Apparently the on in this book did.

The Library at Mount Char- Honestly, I have no idea what this book is about.  I was 15% of the way in and I couldn't tell you what the plot was at all.  That is really poor world building. I don't like books that leave me that clueless that far in.  I have read that things begin to make more sense after page 100.  I don't want to wait that long,

No comments: