Pages

Friday, March 31, 2017

Books We Didn't Finish March Edition



IQ: I definitely didn't connect with this book.  I didn't care for the writing or the "street" talk that was all over the book.  I gave it about half of the first disc and knew it wasn't for me.

The Immortals:  This looked like a really interesting premise.  Unfortunately, it was so boring.  My mind kept wandering, so I kept losing the thread of the story.  I'm not too familiar with Greek mythology, so that might have been a factor in my not enjoying the story.

The Clairvoyants:  I made it about halfway through before I gave up.  I had a few days were I didn't get to listen to the audiobook and when I finally got back to it, I found I didn't care what happened to the characters.  Nor could I really remember what was going on.  They were pretty forgettable.

Blurred Lines:  I kept seeing the amazing reviews for this friends to lovers romance.  Unfortunately, I fall into the minority who DNF'd this book.  I didn't care for the characters or the situation.  There was nothing believable about it their friendship.  Neither character was very likable.

2 comments:

Ethan said...

I'm sorry to hear you couldn't finish IQ. I read it as an ARC and quite enjoyed it. I wonder if listening to the novel would have changed my perspective. I can definitely see how the "street talk" could come off as hokey.

Kari Boardman said...

It's perfectly possible that the audio was teh reason. I found it all a bit distracting.