Pages

Saturday, April 29, 2017

April Mini Musings



Dane - So I figured I'd give the Mackenzie's series a try after reading Avenged by Jay Crownover.  This is the first in the series and it seems that all of them are novellas.  I can't say that I enjoyed this one.  I know it was a novella, but it was SO fast.  Dane left Charlie 10 years before and after being in town for 10 minutes, they are having sex in her auto-body garage. Then hours later, they are professing their love and making marriage plans.  No real back story, just some dialogue and sex. The one thing that bugged me about the novella is  that the town of Surrender is a small town.  I want to know how Charlie kept the fact that her son was Dane's from his brothers.  No one did the math or got a good look at the kid over a span of 6 months of her being in town?  That is one hugely populated small town!  I had a hard time buying into that!
A Christmas Wish (Dane):So, to totally torture myself, I had to read the sequel to Dan'es story.  Thankfully, I got it for free from the library.  This one wasn't really any better than the first one.  Basically, Charlie has been holding off on setting a wedding date.  She is afraid of how it will affect their son.  The kids os confused and resents Dane for not being there.  Um...what part of your mother kept you from him do you not understand?  Why was Dane in the wrong here?  OF course there is a HEA.  I'm not sure I'll read any more of these novellas.
Sister Sister:  This one was just an OK read for me.  It was pretty predictable and I found myself skimming parts of it.  I'll never understand how a family doesn't do DNA testing on a person who shows up after YEARS of not being around.  Especially when that person was a little kid when they disappeared.  Is it really that unreasonable to ask just to avoid fraud?  At any rate.  There were a couple of surprises, but the book overall dragged for me.

No comments: