Pages

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Books We Didn't Finish - June Edition




The Cabin - I think I should know myself by now that if I keep putting a book down, that means I'm probably not going to finish it.  I really didn't care for this book.  I didn't like any of the characters from the first chapter, so I didn't care to find out who the murderer was.  It is another book that ended up reminding me of a cheesy horror film that I would stream on Netflix when there is nothing else to watch.

Killers of the Flower Moon - I was hoping for an intriguing story.  I just didn't find it here.  I found this rather long winded and dry. I got about 25% of the way through and gave up.  I ended up going and doing a google search for information on the topic.  


The Possessions This one looked promising.  I ended up DNFing it at about 30%.  I found that I wasn't comfortable with the story-line and really had no desire to finish the book.  I was a bit bored as well. I also was expecting it it be more spooky than it was, but it never got there.  


No One But You: I wasn't a huge fan of the first book in this series, but I was hoping that the second one would be better.  I ended up DNFing this one at about 40%.  I was just really bored.  It was predictable and felt like a story I had read a hundred times already.  I don't think I will continue with the series.

No comments: