Pages

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Heat by Erin McCarthy

Author: Erin McCarthy
Publisher:Self
Date of publication: August 2017

I love women, especially naked, beautiful women. As a bodyguard at the hottest shows in Miami, I’ve scored my fair share.

But there is only one woman I truly want… Miranda.

My brother’s ex.

My brother who faked his own death to escape drug debts and left Miranda grieving and in the dark.

Now Miranda is back in Miami, stepping down as a pop star’s body double, and looking to make a baby. With me.

A better man would say no. But I never claimed to be a saint, only better than my brother.
 


In Heat, Alejandro has been in love with Miranda since he was fifteen.  Unfortunately, she was his brother's girlfriend and 5 years older.  Now she is back in Miami and retiring from dancing for a famous Pop star.  She has a unusual request for him.  She wants him to donate and help her have a baby.  Alejandro has other plans.


I'll be honest, I didn't really love this story.  I kind of felt like it was all over the place. I did like the chemistry between Alejandro and Miranda, but it wasn't enough to save the rest of the story.  I am a fan of second chance stories, but this couple was really messed up.  I didn't care for Miranda.  She kept acting like Max (her missing ex) was perfect and got mad at anyone who said otherwise. Yet she knew what he was involved in the whole time?  That really made me lose respect for her.   The scenario with the house next door made no sense to me and what was up with the cat named Max?  I kept waiting for there to be more to that, like a bug planted in his tags or something.  But nothing ever came of it.   So overall, it felt unfinished and had too many plot holes.  I guess it just wasn't for me. 

No comments: