Pages

Saturday, October 28, 2017

Dignity by Jay Crownover

Author: Jay Crownover
Date of pubication: October 2017

Looks can be deceiving.

I knew that most people took one look at the ink and the impossibly big and strong body it covered and decided I was a brawler…a bruiser…a beast. However, I was hardwired to be a thinker, not a fighter—my mind being my greatest weapon and my biggest weakness.

I should have chosen to use my brain and talents to be one of the good guys, a hero, a man with dignity and worth.

I turned my back on dignity and sold my soul to the highest bidder, deciding to dance with the devil, instead.

I couldn’t figure out how to help myself, so there was zero chance I knew how to save someone else.

That someone else was Noe Lee. She was the unkempt, unruly thief who was just as smart as I was and twice as street savvy. She was annoyingly adorable beneath the dirt and grime and she was in trouble. In way over her head, I told myself it wasn’t my job to keep her from drowning. In the Point, it was sink or swim and I wasn’t the designated lifeguard on duty.

I had shut the door in her face, but now she’s gone…vanished…disappeared without a trace. It took less than a second for me to realize that I wanted her back.


Dignity is the second book in the Breaking Point series which is a spin- off of the Welcome to the Point series.  This is Stark and Noe's story.  Both characters have made appearances in the previous books.  This book, however does hold up well as a stand alone. 

One thing I love about this series is that the author doesn't hold back on how bleak that Point can be for it's residents. How good and bad aren't always black and white.  Both Stark and Noe have painful back stories that are hard to hear.  They are the perfect match for each other.  Stark is big sexy and such a nerd; it's too cute sometimes.  He's definitely on my book boyfriend list.  I also loved Noe.  She is someone I would want in my corner in The Point.  I'm not going to talk plot.  Just go read it.  Booker and Karsen are finally up next.  I am so looking forward to that one!


No comments: