Pages

Friday, November 17, 2017

Holiday Wishes by Jill Shalvis

Author: Jill Shalvis
Publisher: Avon Pulse
Date of publication: November 2017

When Sean O’Riley shows up at the Hartford Bed & Breakfast for his older brother’s bachelor weekend, he’s just hoping to make it through the weekend. What he’s not expecting is to come face to face with the woman he lost his virginity to a decade ago—a woman he’s never really forgotten.

The last time Lotti Hartford saw Sean, she told him she loved him while he said nothing. Now, ten years later, she’s just looking for a good time. For once, she wants to be the wild and free one, and Sean – the good time guy – is the perfect candidate.

But as the weekend continues, Sean realizes that after a lifetime of being the hook-up king, he’s ready to find happily-ever-after, and he wants it with Lotti. But will she open her heart to him again? As Christmas sweeps through the little B&B, he can only hope love and magic are in the air.

Holiday Wishes is the second holiday novella in the Heartbreaker Bay series.  This is Sean's story.  I did like last year's novella a bit more than this one. Probably because I felt like I got to know the characters more in-depth in that short story.  Sean is Finn's younger brother and partner in their pub. He has been tasked with planning the bachelor/bachelorette weekend for Fiin and his fiance.  To make up for a lot of his past, Sean doesn't want to mess things up.  Things get really interesting when he finds out his first love owns and manages the inn.

I did enjoy his one, but I wish it had been a longer story with a better ending.  I never felt like I got to know Lotti all that well.  So, there was a bit of a disconnect with the romance.  Since it's a HFN ending, I felt a little unsatisfied.  The rest of the characters from the previous books are involved in the story, so that was a bonus.,  I would have liked to see more of the ceremony though.  That is my biggest issue with novellas, I always want more.  Still this is a good addition to the series.  Look forward to Kylie and Joe's book next.

No comments: