Pages

Saturday, January 27, 2018

Books I Didn't Finish - January Edition


The Girlfriend: I didn't make it too far into this book before I realized I would not like it.  The obsession of the mother toward her son was creepy and icky.  The son is a spoiled brat and the girlfriend was a bit over the top.  I couldn't find a likable character, so I gave up.

I'll Stay: I just didn't care for this one.  I didn't like Clare and I didn't really care to find out what happened to Lee.  I realized I wasn't up for reading someone wracked with misplaced guilt throughout her adulthood.  Getting some therapy and talking to Lee would have helped a lot.

Do Over: I really wanted to like this one. But from the opening scene with Jack debating over taking care of his kid or going to a game, I knew I would dislike it..  Neither of the main characters were very appealing.  I thought that Jack was a major douchebag.  He does admit to not being a great father, but never really made any attempts at getting better.  I hate when I hear fathers refer to taking care of their kids as babysitting.  Maddie was a real piece of work and kind of a doormat.  I got about 40% in and had to put it down.

All the Crooked Saints:  You know how sometimes in the prologue of a story there is a folk tale that ends up being an analogy for something in the book?  I thought when I started listening to the audiobook that was how the book was supposed to begin..  I kept waiting for the boring drawn out folk tale to end.  Once I realized that WAS the book, I gave up.  I was really bored.

No comments: