Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

March Mini Musings


Bad Girls Don't Die: This was a so-so, fairly quick YA supernatural read.  I listened to the audiobook. The only reason I picked it up was I kept seeing it on the shelf at my kid's middle school book fair.  Honestly, it was kind of forgettable.  It's the first in a trilogy, but I seriously have no desire read the other two.  


Murder Beyond the Grave:  I have always likes real crime books.  In this volume, there were two murder stories.  Each one was interesting and sad at the same time.  I'm not sure I loved the dramatization of the stories, but it was a quick read and kept me engaged.  There are a few other volumes in the this series, so I'll be checking them out soon.

Haunted Nights:  This anthology has 16 never before published short stories.  For me, this was a mixed bag of creepy and boring stories.  It's definitely not one to read all the way through in one sitting.  The stories tended to blend together after a while.  The one that I thought was the creepiest was "Dirtmouth" by Stephen Graham Jones.  There is something in here for everyone.

2 comments:

Ethan said...

I've been a James Patterson fan for years, but I've never read any of his true crime stuff. Have you read his fiction? If so, how do the two compare?

Kari Boardman said...

I would say they are pretty similar. Even though these were true crime, they read like fiction.