Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Love at Last: A Braden Flirt by Melissa Foster

Author: Melissa Foster
Publisher: World Literary Press
Date of publication: May 2, 2018

Cowboy Cal Hayden has loved Rachel Gray practically since the first time he set eyes on her. But Cal’s a careful, responsible man who knows better than to start a relationship before he can give it his all. He bided his time while caring for his family through his father’s terminal illness. Now his father is gone and his mother is settled, but has Cal waited too long to make his move? 


Find out more about these friends of the Bradens in LOVE AT LAST, and catch up with many of your favorite Love in Bloom characters, including much-anticipated news about babies for the Bradens in Trusty, Colorado! 

If this is your first introduction to the Bradens, please note that this is a flirt not a full-length novel. Like all Love in Bloom books, flirts are written to stand alone, so jump right in and enjoy the fun, sexy, and emotional ride. 


I haven't read any of the Braden family books, but after reading Love at Last, I am intrigued enough to seek them out.  In this short story, Cal and Rachel have been flirting with each other for a long time.  Cal is finally ready to make his move on Rachel.  This is a cute and sweet romance.  

 I enjoyed spending time with this couple.  Since they have known each other for years, it didn't feel like insta-love to me.  I loved Cal's reason for waiting to make a move.  Waiting until your head is on a good place is reasonable and makes sense.  This can easily be read as a stand alone.  However, I did feel like there were a lot of characters that showed up with relationships that I had a hard time keep straight.  I'll have to remedy that very soon by going back to the beginning.





What is a Flirt? (from the author)


The Love in Bloom big-family romance world has become so widely enjoyed, I have been asked by thousands of readers to write the stories of our beloved side characters. While I couldn’t possibly fit in writing full-length novels for each of them while maintaining my normal publication schedule, I’ve created flirts. Flirts cover twenty-four to forty-eight hours of two side characters’ lives on their path to their happily ever after, while also updating readers about their favorite main characters. Flirts vary in length and heat levels. I hope you love these quick, fun, sexy stories as much as I enjoy writing them. 


1 comment:

Tasty Book Tours said...

What a lovely review! Thank you so much for giving it a read! I know you will love all the rest of the Love in Bloom titles!