Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2018

Mini Musings - May Edition



Not That I Could Tell: I'm not really sure what made me finish this book. I think I wanted to see if I was right. Spoiler..I was! The story was long and kind of dull. I definitely zoned out a few times while listening to the audiobook. The ending was predictable and anti-climactic. None of the characters were very compelling. Not a book I would really recommend.


Cemetery Boys: I wanted to love this story, but I just didn't.  I'm not sure I really understood what was going on in the town. There wasn't enough explanation.  The characters were kind of forgettable.  I was hoping for a spooky like story, but it wasn't very spooky or gloomy.  The characters were kind of forgettable.  The ending was very unsatisfying.  The only thing that I liked was the short length.

Real Man: This is another of the quick "Dirty Bits" novellas from Carina Press.  It's a cute story with two characters that have lots of chemistry and a HFN ending.  I did enjoy it, but I wanted more.  I would have loved to see this one in a longer story that explored both characters more in depth.

Monday's Lie: This ended up being just an OK read for me. It was slightly better than Three Grave Full which I hated. I have had it sitting in my TBR pile forever.  Most of the book felt like a stream of consciousness about the main character and her mother.  It seemed to take forever to get to the point of the book.  The ending left it open for a sequel.  I'm not sure if I'll read it.

No comments: