Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Bedmates by Nichole Chase

Author: Nichole Chase
Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks
Date of publication: October 2016

Everyone makes mistakes, especially in college. But when you’re the daughter of the President of the United States, any little slip up is a huge embarrassment. Maddie McGuire’s latest error in judgment lands her in police custody, giving the press a field day. Agreeing to do community service as penance and to restore her tattered reputation, Maddie never dreams incredibly good looking but extremely annoying vice president’s son, Jake Simmon, will be along for the ride.

Recently returning from Afghanistan with a life-altering injury, Jake is wrestling with his own demons. He doesn’t have the time or patience to deal with the likes of Maddie. They’re like oil and water and every time they’re together, it’s combustible. But there’s a thin line between love and hate, and it’s not long before their fiery arguments give way to infinitely sexier encounters.


Bedmates is a enemies to friends to lovers story.  It involves Maddie and Jake who have known each other for years and have not ever gotten along.  Maddie is the President's rebellious daughter and Jake is the Vice President's son and a wounded veteran. They will have to learn to work together if Maddie is going to fulfill her community service obligation.

I wasn't sure if I was going to like this book at first.  But I ended up being pleasantly surprised at how much I loved it.  I was sure I wouldn't like Maddie's character.  I'm not really a fan of bleeding hearts, but she ended up being a very likable character.  She had a lot of growth by the end of the book.  It was fun watching Jake and Maddie grow to love each other.  Their chemistry was off the charts. The story isn't all lighthearted, it deals with a very real issue of returning veterans,  PTSD, and suicide.  That part of the book was heartbreaking. I was really rooting for Jake to work through his issues.

 I definitely recommend Bedmates.  I'm hoping there is a follow up book with Caro in it. She seemed like an interesting character. This was my first book by this author and I look forward to reading more.


No comments: