Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2018

July Mini Musings






Lies We Tell Our kids:   I found this book mildly amusing...very, very mild.  The author has taken little white lies that we make up for our kids and illustrated them.  I will admit that there were some I had never heard of, so they must be things the author has told his kids.  I'm not sure I would recommend running out and buying this one, but it might be something to pass the time while waiting for in a doctor's waiting room.

Neverworld Wake: This was written by the same author as Night Field.  I didn't much care for that one, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much  I enjoyed this book.  It's a unique take on Groundhog Day. I actually liked all of the teen characters, especially the narrator.. The mystery was engaging and kept me guessing until the end.  I definitely recommend this one.

A is for Asteroid, Z is for Zombies:  This is definitely not a book for kids.  It's pretty morbid and will probably be too much for little kids to handle. It highlights some real and some not so real fears with well drawn illustrations and cute poems.  I enjoyed reading this one.


No comments: