Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2018

June Mini Musings



The Innocent Wife: I don't have a ton to say about this book other than I finished it.  I hated the main character.  I wanted to shake some sense into her from the first chapter.  She never changed. The reveal was predictable and the epilogue was a major disappointment.

The Stranger Game: This is a YA book about a girl whose sister disappeared four years before only to reappear with amnesia about what happened while she was gone.  She is also missing key memories of her life before her abduction.  This was a quick read that I mostly enjoyed.  I predicted one twist early on and didn't predict the second.  I might have bought into the entire story a bit more if a longer period of time had passed.  Four years isn't enough to make someone look that different.  I am also surprised that these stories never have DNA confirmation.  I would think you would want to  do so to avoid fraud.

Firewalk: I didn't know much about this book going into it.  For the most part, I enjoyed it.  It's a mixed mystery, supernatural and zombie story.   I liked all of the characters.  I'm not sure that all of my questions were answered, but the book ends in a cliffhanger, so hopefully the next one will give me some answers.

Dear Amy:  I didn't love this one as much as I wanted to.  The main character was kind of annoying and unreliable.  The story was also very predictable and I called the twist pretty early on.  It wasn't bad, it just wasn't "thrilling".

No comments: