Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2018

Books I Didn't Finish November Edition


Hex:  I made it to about 50% and just gave up.  There was just so much wrong with this story that it is hard to pinpoint why I couldn't continue.  I was bored, didn't care about any of the characters.  All of them are pretty horrible.  I never thought I would feel sympathy for a ghost that has cursed an entire town.  There were no smooth transitions between characters POVs.  I was often confused. Skip this one.  It's not good.

Accidental Tryst:  I had a feeling about 1 % in that I wasn't going to like this book.  The hero, Trystan, after seeing the heroine, Emmy who he assumes is a hippie type, he mulls over using an app to find someone to hook up with in the airport.  Gross.  But what really made me abandon the book was when it is implied that Emmy willingly flashed her chest for a 15 YO in exchange for him unlocking Trystan's phone.  Double gross. I abandoned it soon after that scene.

Kiss and Tell (Veronica Mars 2):  I loved the TV show and really enjoyed the first book.  But when I tried to read this sequel, I gave up pretty early on.  I was not a fan of the change from first person POV  in the first book to third person in this book.  One of the great things about the TV show and the first book was having the story narrated by Veronica herself.  Having it now be a story about her and not through her voice was strange and it didn't work for me.

Elevation:  I think I am officially done with Stephen King.  I am a huge fan of his early works, but his later books have completely missed the mark with me.  I know this is a short novella, but by about 15% in I was bored and ready to move on.

1 comment:

Ethan said...

Oh no, I have Elevation lined up to read soon.