Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2018

December Mini Musings



Undercover ConnectionThis was a fairly enjoyable romantic suspense. It was a quick read and a bit predictable. There was definitely insta-love between the main couple and that made me take off a star. There weren't really any surprises and I guessed to culprit early on. Still it's not a bad way to spend an afternoon.

The Thrill Club:  This was a quick teen scream thriller that hit all of the fun cliche notes.  It was cheesy, creepy, cliche and dated.  But it was a lot of fun to read.  I figured it out before the end.  But I still had fun with it.

Spooksville: The Secret Path:  This was definitely a middle grade level "horror" story.  It was really short and fun to listen to.  I think middle grade readers will love this retro story.  It is a bit dated as it was written in the 90s.  But, still a lot of fun.  It kind of reminded me of the Goosebumps series. 

Stuffed Stockings:  This is another novella from the Dirty Bits collection.  It is also one that I would have liked to be longer.  I didn't feel like I got to know either character that well enough to buy their attraction.  I also wasn't a fan of their BDSM relationship, especially at work during the office holiday party.  That was kind of a bit off-putting.  Why did everything have to happen at work?  It was just a bit unrealistic for me.

No comments: