Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2019

Books I Didn't Finish - January Edition




White Hot Kiss: I gave this book about 15% and then gave up.  I didn't like the characters. The world building was non-existent.  It had one of my least favorite tropes...a Love triangle.  I knew I wasn't going to like it, so I put it aside.

The Night Market:  I actually made it through 75% of this book before I stopped reading.  Honestly, I didn't get the book I thought I was getting.  Instead of a sci-fi book with a weird substance and a government conspiracy, I got a boring detective story with forgettable characters.  Along with being bored, I was confused at times as to what was going on.  I don't get all of the rave reviews for this one.

The Last Academy:  I think this would have been a great read had the main character not been so annoying. The "twist" was not hard to figure out.  I quit at about 40% but I peeked at the end and I was right. I am also perplexed as to why an author would use mythological analogies for a YA book.  Most of teens probably would not pick up on that.

Rugged Texas Cowboy:  This is a book with 2 novellas.  I was so turned off early on in the first one, Cowboy and the Captive.  I didn't even bother trying the second one.  I will not ever understand why any hint of forced sex is Ok in any book. That one scene right after Jardin kidnaps Melina was gross. No matter who he thought she was or what type of person she was, that was not OK. Nope, not for me.

No comments: