Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

January Mini Musings



Wife of the Gods: This was recommended to me by a good friend.  I was pleasantly surprised by this one. I enjoyed the main character, Darko Dawson. He was a great detective and a character I want to read more about.  The mystery was good and had a surprise ending.  I also loved the descriptions of the country and culture.  This is the first in a series and I will definitely be reading the next one.


My Best Friend's Exorcism:  This was an interesting and unique read.  It takes place in the 80 and is filled with pop culture references.  I'm not sure I would say its really a horror book.  It's more of a thriller.  I spent the majority of the book wondering if Gretchen really was possessed.  It was much better than Horrostor, which was also written by this author and one I didn't like at all.


Killer Within:  This is the follow up to Killer Instinct.  Definitely avoid reading this one if you haven't read the first book.  There are major spoilers here.  I didn't like this one as much as the first one.  I I was able to figure out the twist in the end.  I think I would have been better off leaving Lane where she was at the end of the first book.


No comments: